Products derived from nature are taking over the beauty world. But before natural ingredients became popular, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) was using plants and herbs to promote beauty from the inside out. KPC Herbs offers clients the highest quality TCM formulas to restore balance, reduce toxicities and improve overall wellbeing, leading to a healthy body and beautiful appearance.
Beauty from the Inside Out
Beauty is more than skin deep. You may have noticed that your face breaks out when you eat certain foods. Or if you have a cold, your skin looks dry and ashen. In comparison, when you find yourself eating well and hydrating adequately, your skin glows and bodily systems function smoothly. TCM complements healthy eating and lifestyle habits, promotes balance within the body and enhances external beauty. When the body is in balance, it shows outwardly through radiant, glowing skin.
Our Top TCM Herbs for Beauty
At KPC Herbs, our expert herbalists recommend herbs that may nourish the blood, promote circulation and cool the body because improving these internal bodily functions leads to glowing skin and natural beauty:
- Dang Gui San (Tangkuei Formula): Nourishes the blood and reduces heat in the body.
- Huang Lian Shang Qing Wan (Coptis, Phellodendron oand Mint Formula): Purifying properties that eliminate toxins and reduce heat within the body.
- Sheng Mai San (Ginseng and Ophiopogon Formula): Promotes a healthy pulse, improves moisture within the body, supplements the activities of the heart and lungs, reduces heat within the body and has a calming effect.
- Si Wu Tang (Tangkuei Four Combination): Nourishes and enriches the blood while improving blood flow.
- Tong Qiao Huo Xue Tang (Persica and Ligusticum Combination): Promotes blood flow, invigorates the blood and opens channels within the body.
Additional TCM Beauty Practices
The goal of TCM is to balance energy. When the systems in the body are balanced with one another, the body functions at its optimal state. Incorporating the following TCM practices into your life, in conjunction with TCM herbs, can help detoxify the body and skin while promoting wellness and beauty:
- Facial Acupuncture: An acupuncturist places tiny needles in strategic locations on the face. The needles make micro-punctures on the surface of the skin, stimulating the body’s natural healing response. Facial acupuncture is considered an effective, non-invasive alternative to injectables or cosmetic surgery, because it improves skin elasticity, reduces the appearance of wrinkles, brightens the face and gives the skin a radiant glow. Furthermore, facial acupuncture promotes the overall health of the skin by stimulating the lymphatic and circulatory systems, which bring nutrients and oxygen to the treatment area.
- Jade Roller: A jade roller can be used on the face to promote circulation, detoxify tissues and heal the skin. Before using the jade roller, deep-clean your face and apply moisturizer. Then place the jade roller in the center of your face and roll it outward and upward toward your hairline. Repeat this process until you have gone over your entire face. In addition to the anti-aging benefits of using a jade roller on your face, the feeling of the roller moving across your face feels relaxing and has an overall calming effect on the body and mind.
- Tumeric Face Mask: Tumeric can reduce the appearance of wrinkles and even out skin tone. You can make your own face mask by mixing turmeric with equal parts of milk and honey. Apply the mixture to your face and rinse it off after 15 minutes.
- Herbal Tea: Your age and skin concerns, along with your skin color and texture, will impact which herbal tea is best for you. Consult with your herbalist to find the perfect tea to address your concerns. In the meantime, a fail-safe for everyone of any age and skin type is Goji berry tea. Place a handful of Goji berries in hot or cold water and allow them to steep (soak) for 10 minutes. Drinking this tea once or twice a day will give you brighter, clearer looking skin.
- Eating Habits: What we put into our body not only impacts how internal body structures function but also reveals itself in our outward appearance. For instance, if you tend to have acne problems, it is best to avoid eating spicy food. Even though the spicy food is digested inside the body, it can aggravate certain skin conditions and impact your outward appearance. Bitter-tasting herbs may be recommended to remove toxins from the skin and body to help treat acne.
- Lifestyle: Be conscious of lifestyle habits and how they can impact your skin. For example, if you exercise frequently or live in a hot climate, you may want to eat cool foods and use sour-tasting herbs to reduce your body temperature and decrease sweat production. Being mindful of your body temperature can reduce outbreaks and help calm the skin.
Consult with a Licensed TCM Practitioner
If you search “TCM” on the internet, you will find an overwhelming array of herbs and formulas to treat every possible ailment, illness and skin condition. For this reason, it is important that you see a licensed TCM practitioner or herbalist. They will recommend the correct TCM blends for your optimal health and wellness.
TCM formulas are not a one-size-fits-all; instead, they need to be specifically tailored to each person. A licensed professional has the education and training to accurately assess your specific needs and recommend TCM products that will help restore balance in your body. Also, a licensed professional has the expertise to incorporate TCM with any Western medications you may be taking to avoid an adverse reaction between the two. Keep in mind that as you age and your body changes, your herbal needs will also change. Having a trained TCM practitioner on your health care team will ensure that you are using the right herbs to fit the needs of your ever-changing body.
Start your journey toward inner balance and visible beauty by contacting a licensed TCM practitioner. After your consultation, take the next step toward your health by using the highest quality herbal products. Practitioners, distributors and patients around the globe trust KPC Herbs to provide the best TCM products. Our knowledge and expertise, which has been cultivated and passed down over five generations, is committed to strict manufacturing processes that promote the quality, safety and efficacy of every herbal product we make.